Your mom tells you to quit smoking because it's bad for your health. Your significant other wants you to stop because it makes the house smell. Who would have thought there was another reason—explosions?

A 51-year-old woman in England was driving her old Ford Focus last week when she lit a cigarette, and bang!

Her windshield blew out, flying 30 feet across the road, and all four doors blew off. She managed to escape the vehicle, and is lucky to have only suffered minor burns. Witness at the scene told Daily Mail, "At first we thought it was a terrorist attack because of the world we live in."

The culprit, ironically, was an aerosol air freshener called "Smoke Away." Firefighters say gas leaked from the canister and were ignited by the cigarette.

So there is a lesson to be learned from this story: If you must smoke in the car, don't use an aerosol freshener to cover up the smell!

Categories: News